Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Top Ten of 2011



During my last shift at the record store before the holidays, I was asked to write up my top 10 albums of 2011. This list contains artists and albums that have affected me, or played a part in my life this past year. They may or may not be considered the most intricate, advanced or prestigious artists, but for me these were the songs that touched me the strongest. Music plays such a part in our lives, it can stir up memories and emotions with a few simple notes. Here are my personal faves of this year:

1. The Raveonettes - Raven in the Grave
2. Mogwai - Hardcore will never die, but you will
3. The Horrors - Skying
4. Metronomy - The English Riviera
5. Timber Timbre - Keep on Creepin' On
6 We Are Augustines - Rise Ye Sinking Ships
7. Feist - Metals
8. Charles Bradley - No Time for Dreaming
9. The Decemberists - The King is Dead
10. The Pack A.D. - Unpersons

No comments:

Post a Comment