Friday, December 23, 2011

Music History


Tonight, I met an ol' WWII vet named Ernie who was playing one of these amazing devices. I gotta find one, though it may be a rare artifact. His came from Germany, special ordered. It was pretty snazzy. He had a whole collection of harps in his wheelchair basket and really enjoyed chatting music with me and my dad. PS Go visit your grandparents or someone elses! Let's not forget the wisdom and stories they have to share with us, we should value and appreciate our elders!

Photo taken from: http://beebokay.blogspot.com/2011/07/back-on-air-leaving-muerren.html at an open air museum in Ballenberg, Sweden. Six different harmonicas in one spinning device.

1 comment:

  1. I discovered it's called a Tremolo Sextet! Now to find one up for sale!

    ReplyDelete